About Me

My photo
Just your average 20 something young mum, muslimah love my family.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What I have been up to

yeah same old same old! exuse my manners, Asalamu Alaykum, and yes, I've been up to the same old.. hehe. not that I'm complaining, but I've slid into a routine, and although I know how important routine is when you have children, it can get rather, boring. :( but thats okay, I try to do things that lift my mood like watch Hijab tutorials, then try recreating them, cook new recipes from scratch and go for walks with my husband and son. I've been having alot of fun feeding solids to my son, he'd rather just nozzle off on breastfeeding *but* I've been trying to make his food more interesting Masha'Allah, like today I made him an apple custard with cinamon and raisins. the other day, I made him lentil soup which he LOVED al hamdulilah, and suprisingly he loves anything with spinach in it, which is why I throw in a bunch of spinach in whatever vegetables i cook for him. Im learning what he likes and doesnt like, and although I started him off on fruits first, he hasnt developed a sweet tooth at all! infact he loves savoury stuff such as mash potato with butter, black eyed peas with rice and broth and chicken with pumkin and brown rice. those things, he devours masha'Allah.. Ive also been cleaning alot. Trying to replace chemicals with natural stuff. So far only replaced my windex with vinegar and the rest just I just clean with a damp cloth. I'd love to replace all my chemicals with natural stuff but its just so hard. I love my suds when it comes to washing dishes, oh and bleach.. I use it on those harsh stains that cant seem to bug off. so bleach is my only solution. I'd love to stop using it though, any alternative from eco friendly house wives? I'd love tohear suggestions.

Anyway, thats pretty much life for me.. covered in baby food, a mop in one hand and baby in the other haha.

:D

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

http://autumnlists.wordpress.com/2012/01/27/6-reasons-why-my-cleaning-solutions-are-totally-boss/

Bonnie said...

http://autumnlists.wordpress.com/2012/01/27/6-reasons-why-my-cleaning-solutions-are-totally-boss/

Bonnie said...

Also have you tried the eco store dishwashing liquid, you only need a tiny bit so it works out the same price as the nasty chemical ridden stuff.