About Me

My photo
Just your average 20 something young mum, muslimah love my family.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Life

So yeah, I know I don't post as much as I used to, but half of ya'll are mums, you know how it is, busy busy busy, come to think of it, I'm never just sitting around busy doing nothing, much like how I was before I had my son.. I'm not ashamed to admit it, I was an umemployed stay at home house wife with lots of spare time but now I'm a 24-7 feeder, changer, cleaner, cook, shopper, mopper, ironer, folder and everything in between alhamdulilah. It's motherhood and I wouldn't change my role for ANYTHING in the world. 

This morning I made a mound of Egyptian home made doughnuts drizzled with syrup which I devoured, and my son has some too, only I gave it to him with a nice spreading of thick yogurt.., yum! I'm so proud of him, he smiles at almost everyone, except for Arabic men with facial hair and is just a joy to be around alhamdulilah. 

My husband is working around the clock which makes me feel like I'm doing everything on my own, he does play with him and read him stories, but I feel that I'm very independent when it comes to looking after our son, as it should be of course I am the one who gave birth to him! It upsets me when  mums complain about their kids and send them off to day care as a solution.. I mean whatever but why complain, there's so many single moms, disabled moms, working moms doing it on their own. 

I must take charge of my shopping addiction though, I mean everything I see I grab for my son because "it would look so cute on him" but then I realised everything looks cute on him even a nappy on its own! Trying to cut back and as for me well I hardly buy anything for myself except bare necessaries. 

In the meantime, ill just contine practicing my frugal home made experiments, I've made my own bronzer, hand cream, anti perspirant and an essence burner using orange skin and cloves. 

That's pretty much all for now alhamdulilah

No comments: